In 2006 following a period of exploration a strategic partnership was formed between Pandita Ramabai Mukti Mission (Mukti Mission) and Prospects.
It was clear form the beginning of discussions that the values held by both organisations were similar and the desire to improve the lives of children with special needs was going to be a binding objective.
A partnership document was developed and agreed as follows:
Statement of Partnership between Prospects and Pandita Ramabai Mukti Mission (Mukti Mission)
�In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.� Philippians 1 v 4-6 (NIV)
- The partnership exists broadly for the mutual encouragement of Prospects and Mukti Mission. It is envisaged that the partnership will also enable the Special Needs section of Mukti Mission to further develop and extend its impact into the local communities.
- Both organisations have clear statements of faith and agree to inform each other should any significant changes be made, subsequent to the partnership being established.
- Both organisations exist to serve Christ through the provision of facilities and support for people who are in significant need.
- The partnership is based upon the principle of employees in each organisation acting as a safeguard to the Christian ethos.
- Both organisations are committed to sharing in ways that bring glory to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Both parties agree to promote the partnership through their respective networks and communications.
- Partnership does not imply a financial responsibility or commitment for either party. Any costs incurred by either party in pursuance of the partnership will be covered by the respective party, unless specific gifts have been donated for specific purposes.
- Each organisation will identify a key person who will be responsible for maintaining regular communication.
- Each organisation agrees to inform the other when any changes to agreed plans may become necessary.
- In the case of any disagreement on issues arising, matters will be resolved by open discussion, to be held in the spirit of Christian unity.
- The partnership is based on clear stated areas of development.These areas of development will be reviewed annually.
- Prospects will undertake direct communications with Mukti Mission in India and will liaise as required with Mukti Mission Council for England.
The current main project is rebuilding the special school for the 35 students attending the current school. Click here for more details on the school project.
If you have an expertise in working with children and adults with learning disability then there may be opportunities for you to volunteer in India.